Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Bug, error and issue report

Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

This thread is for reporting technical and operational issues of the site.

Please remember to be as detailed as possible and to check the issue hasn't been brought up already.

For security problems or other sensitive subjects that relate for the user and performance of the site, please contact us through our [email protected] email instead.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

That's intended, downvotes are disabled. We didn't think they serve much of a purpose and were more often than not abused. We asked around a bit with some artists and they didn't seem to care for the feature.

If you want to make a case for downvotes being enabled you can and we're open to hear about it, though probably not in this thread.
Posted
MrOnosa
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.

It appears that when someone upload a picture, it does not start the vote at one (for the person who uploaded it). Is this intentional?
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

We certainly didn't do anything regarding this automatic upload.

I personally don't remember this being a thing, or maybe I am not aware of it. I don't see anything in Settings, Account or moderator menus that activates or deactivates this.
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
@SD50-2
can't reproduce this problem. The preview of the image in the upload page is currently broken, but you still can save the new avatar. What webbrowser are you using and what version on it?
Posted
RainbowDash69
Artist -

alviniscute on DA
@SD50-2
I'm having the same problem, lol.

Tried 3 different profile pics. Even used ones online. All under 1000x1000 and all under 300kb
Posted
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
@RainbowDash69, did you try directly uploading the image or did you use a twitter/deviantart/… link for the image? Could you maybe send me the link or the image so I could try to reproduce and fix the problem? Thanks in advance!
Posted
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
Thank you for this sample image. I can reproduce this problem and the team will try to fix this soon.
Posted
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
Okay, found the code that caused the problem. Should be fixed now. Thanks again for reporting this problem!
Posted
Aureai
Artist -

For some reason I am unable to change the source of an image that I uploaded. Whenever I update it, it just won't change.

Since it's not showing up as well the gif demonstrating the error, click here

I am currently using Brave and I don't have anything blocking the site.
romulus4444
Founding Member -
Artist -

Site Moderator
Sentient Loaf
I got the source to stick by just pressing <enter> after pasting in the link. I didn't click a button. We'll make sure it gets fixed or clarified though.
Posted
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
@Aureai thank you for providing the gif image which shows the problem. I was able to reproduce the problem, but only when there is a leading space in front of the link. After removing that " " (space character), pressing the save button did work as expected.
We'll add this to our open tasks list, but this is not too high up on the priority.
Posted
C_Chell

I have trouble to add kyword in my watch list.
When I try to add a keyword, it show great in the "Settings" → "Watch list"
but when I click "Save My Settings", the page reload and say "Settings updated successfully." but the filter disappear.
Firefox 80 on Ubuntu, Adblock, uMatrix and NoScript don't seems to block anything.
Posted
SigmasonicX

On the front page, the first image displayed is from two months ago
https://manebooru.art/images/71027

There have also been 502 Bad Gateways.
Posted
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
updating the server, will take a few more minutes
Posted
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
I think yes, new images did not get indexed any more. That is why we are currently debugging the problem and fixing index creation. All the images are still there, you can browse them directly using the image IDs. For example:
https://manebooru.art/images/4006249

https://manebooru.art/images/4006246

https://manebooru.art/images/4006244
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
YayPonies: Download unacceptably derped Derpy!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!