Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Alias and implication requests

Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

That's okay, we don't mind. The only issue is it might take time for us to get through it all, but that's not us being annoyed or ignoring it. I don't know if the forums will work for such a long list so feel free to make like a google doc or something.
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
might sound odd but i think implied shipping should at least just… imply shipping

it's not a useless tag obviously since someone may want to only see explicit shipping (shipping, -implied shipping), but when i look for a ship i usually want to see the implied images too, and it's a pain to have to search two tags

it also ends up doubling the shipping tags since there's implied (ship name) tags for almost every pairing, when it could just be "ship:(ship name), implied shipping" xP
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@Lilymoon
might sound odd but i think implied shipping should at least just… imply shipping

it's not a useless tag obviously since someone may want to only see explicit shipping (shipping, -implied shipping), but when i look for a ship i usually want to see the implied images too, and it's a pain to have to search two tags

it also ends up doubling the shipping tags since there's implied (ship name) tags for almost every pairing, when it could just be "ship:(ship name), implied shipping" xP

Yeah, I don't want to keep specific implied (ship name) tags, but implied shipping is definitely useful. I've added the implication now.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@Workable Goblin

Weird typo/mistake, but fixed.

And yeah, some of this stuff only seems obvious when it comes up, so there's going to be a bit of wasted effort, but it's should all be good in the end.
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
💙Here to help!💙
Got a new one for y'all
Artist tag artist:smolducko should be aliased to artist:cottonsweets. smolducko is their twitter tag and they sometimes use it to watermark/sign their art but their main derpi tag and the tag they use to watermark/sign their art the most is Cotton Sweets. I recently readded the tag to one of their images to make the aliasing process easier as I was told on derpi it's harder to do if the tag that needs to be alised/merged doesn't have images (thus making it basically not exist)
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
Five (closely related) shipping tags I noticed today:

guardlestia (Royal Guard + Celestia)
guardluna (Royal Guard + Luna)
guardance (Royal Guard + Cadance
guardlight (Royal Guard + Twilight Sparkle
guardflurry (Royal Guard + Flurry Heart)

In all cases this is with basically anonymous or generic guards, not named ones like Shining Armor or Sentry Flash who have their own ship names.

On that note, there's also

flashlestia for Flash Sentry + Celestia
lunasentry for Luna + Flash Sentry
flashcadance for Flash Sentry + Cadance

Finally (?), aunt twilight should be aliased into auntie twilight, since they mean the same thing but the latter has over thirty times more tagged images than the former.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@NorthernDawnArt

@Workable Goblin

@Workable Goblin
Done

@Workable Goblin
Five (closely related) shipping tags I noticed today:

guardlestia (Royal Guard + Celestia)
guardluna (Royal Guard + Luna)
guardance (Royal Guard + Cadance
guardlight (Royal Guard + Twilight Sparkle
guardflurry (Royal Guard + Flurry Heart)

In all cases this is with basically anonymous or generic guards, not named ones like Shining Armor or Sentry Flash who have their own ship names.

On that note, there's also

flashlestia for Flash Sentry + Celestia
lunasentry for Luna + Flash Sentry
flashcadance for Flash Sentry + Cadance

Finally (?), aunt twilight should be aliased into auntie twilight, since they mean the same thing but the latter has over thirty times more tagged images than the former.

I don't think nameless guards should have a ship tag, specially when most of the times the "guard" is actually an oc, sometimes named. Feels like overzealous tagging.

I'll handle the other four now.
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
💙Here to help!💙
Found a couple more

1) refsheet aliased to reference sheet, refsheet is just shorthand for reference sheet and it doesn't really make sense to have two separate tags for the same thing

2) ts aliased to character:twilight sparkle? ts is often used on derpi to alias into Twilight Sparkle, which is weird it doesn't do that on here when the shorthand IS listed when you go to tag things
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
@NorthernDawnArt
(they do, yeah — there's a bunch of idw characters with the character: prefix)
(that being said i'm currently working on a doc where i'm trying to find all the characters missing the prefix)
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
not an alias/implication but it's too simple for its own thread:
i found this tag (eyestrain warning) and i think it could be very useful
although it needs cleaning up (which im working on)

could it have a description that says "Images with very bright and/or saturated colors, flashing lights, rapid animation, or other visual effects such as chromatic aberration that may cause strain on the viewer's eyes and/or headaches."?
Wcctnoam
Artist -

If you guys would prefer, since you're already doing the work of searching and finding this stuff only to end up report it, we can offer you assistant privilege to mess with aliases and tags. Communication would still be desirable but it would probably benefit us all.
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Redundant, no longer necessary.