Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Character tags

SerenePony
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

Qualified therapy donkey
Not sure if there is any place to post this, but I wanted some place to post character tags that could be set as "Character:name" tags.

I will add as I go, but if others discover something then they can post it here too.

First one I have found is Bloomberg the tree.
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
I was posting these in "Alias and Implication Requests," but having a dedicated thread is probably reasonable.

Anyway, I have several:

* Nurse Snowheart. Actually, the "character" version of this tag does exist (and is correctly aliased to "character:nurse coldheart"), but there is also a non-character-tagged version of the tag, "nurse snowheart," that exists and seems to reference the same character.

* Nurse Tenderheart. In this case, there is just a "Nurse Tenderheart" tag referencing a particular character.

* Vera. As with Nurse Tenderheart, there is just the version without the "character:" segment.
Posted
SerenePony
Artist -

Qualified therapy donkey
I have more:

Welcome inn (not many pictures of him here).
Auntie applesauce
Goldie Delicious
Apple Rose

EDIT
Grand Pear
Squabble I know his name is also murdock, but I found that Squabble is also his name
Boyle

Will keep an eye open for more, can anyone from the site let us know when these character tags have been sorted, that way we can keep things up to date.
romulus4444
Founding Member -
Artist -

Site Moderator
Sentient Loaf
I've added all of those listed above. So sorry it took so long! Please keep 'em coming if you find more! Your work is much appreciated!
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
i'm gonna go through to find character tags i'll try to do it by categories tho

g4 toy only ponies (not including blind bags, theres so many, ill do those next probably):
daisy dreams
rainbow flash
lily blossom
ploomette
cupcake (g4) (should prob be character:cupcake)
dewdrop dazzle
lulu luck
feathermay
flitterheart
honeybuzz
plumsweet
snowcatcher
twinkleshine (toy line) — had to split her from the show pony, since her design is pretty distinct. decided on the (toy line) suffix for now?
star dreams
sweetie swirl
star swirl — probably needs a split from g3 star swirl
cherry pie
diamond rose
baby sunny daze — needed a split from the show filly. went with "baby sunny daze" as the toy is one of the so soft newborns
apple sprout
princess skyla
cottonbelle
lullaby moon
sunny rays
sweetsong
twirly treats
holly dash
princess sterling
princess gold lily
sea breezie
sunset breezie — i already split it to character:* bc there was only one image and the other two were sunset shimmer as a breezie
diamond mint
honey rays
pretzel twist — the toy is just "pretzel" but it's the same pony
meadow flower
royal ribbon
bubble splash
sea poppy
haven bay
helia
starbeam twinkle
morphin pink pony — man, the crossover collection ponies were weird
plasmane

no images yet but i plan on looking for all the images i can find of the toy ponies so i'll list them here regardless:
- jelly bee
- lily drop
- crystal pearl
- ocean gem
- sea foam
- sun twist
- flash feather
- flutter cloud
- my little prime
- mystaria
- shadow star
- spinner talltail
- valor stronghoof
- woodheart the kind
- peggy mane
- right hoof red

that should be all of them, at least the brushables and their associated types of toys. i only left out the one of a kind ones. there's also a so soft named lily but i can't find any images of her on this site.

..also, "toy only" may be wrong for some of these as they may have been obscure bg ponies too
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
Oh I didn't think to check here! I'll move tags I find here in the future
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
Similarly to the above, the tag guardian angel (character) should be aliased to character:guardian angel

(Iโ€™m on mobile right now, so providing links is awkward)
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
Something I discovered today but wanted to post for consideration instead of simply addressing was the question of epona, and the tags of characters from other series in general. Basically, should they be given "character:" tags or not? On the one hand, they're not MLP characters, but on the other they sometimes appear in a substantial amount of art, sometimes as the focus or only character (as with Epona), so you can make arguments in either direction.

I would be in favor of treating them on an equal plane with show characters, because I think this makes it less confusing for searches (any non-oc is searched for by "character:name") and aids in the work of checking whether things are appropriately tagged by grouping the character tag to the top and coloring it, so that it can be seen more easily.
Posted
romulus4444
Founding Member -
Artist -

Site Moderator
Sentient Loaf
@Workable Goblin
character: tags should be reserved for official MLP characters. Other non-MLP characters just have their name as a tag, no oc: or character:
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
For the record, when romulus replied I took that as the end of the discussion.

Anyway, I have a bunch more character tags to report. First off, there's Uncle Orange, who actually has three tags right now that should be aliased together:

* uncle orangecharacter:uncle orange
* mosley orangecharacter:uncle orange

Next, there's…well, a good chunk of the Apple family:
* apple brown bettycharacter:apple brown betty
* apple cinnamoncharacter:apple cinnamon
* apple cobblercharacter:apple cobbler
* apple crumble → character:apple crumble
* apple dumplingcharacter:apple dumpling
* apple leavescharacter:apple leaves
* apple mintcharacter:apple mint
* apple splitcharacter:apple split
* apple squashcharacter:apple squash
* apple strudelcharacter:apple strudel
* apple top → character:apple top
* bushel
* hoss
* candy applescharacter:candy apples
* florina tart
* minty apple
* gala applebycharacter:gala appleby
* half baked applecharacter:half baked apple
* jonagold
* marmalade jalapeno poppette
* liberty belle → character:liberty belle
* perfect pie
* apple pie (character)
* pink ladycharacter:pink lady
* red galacharacter:red gala
* red junecharacter:red june
* sweet tooth → character:sweet tooth

I have not finished creating these tags due to the (relatively) late time here…also, I did not suggest tags for several pairs of characters that appear to actually be the same character, e.g. Perfect Pie and Apple Pie seem to actually refer to the same pony. It's somewhat difficult to tell in some cases because many of these characters appear mostly in group shots and so are hard to unambiguously identify.
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
Should Mane 5 imply all of the g5 gang? Or do we use mane 5 for something else already?
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
@NorthernDawnArt
i don't think it's used for anything else, there's a few images tagged with it that just have five of the mane six but i feel like there isn't really a need for it to be tagged on those
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
@Lilymoon
I think I'm gonna wait until the show/movie comes out before making a tag for the group, just in case we get a mysterious last member but we don't see them until the actual content comes out
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
peppermint goldylinkscharacter:peppermint goldylinks
lucky charm (character)character:lucky charm

I've noticed that there seem to be a number of tags where there exists a "generic" tag (e.g., peppermint goldylinks above) in parallel with a "character:" tag that seems to cover all of the same images, but without the former being aliased into the latter. I've also noticed a number of instances of "* (character)" tags with (or without) corresponding "character:*" tags, having the same issue. I suppose the thing to do is to keep reporting them?
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
@Lilymoon
TBH, I think in some cases it's my fault…but, you know, not casting blame here, don't really care whose "fault" it is, just making sure that we're on the same page about how to take care of it.
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
@Workable Goblin
Feel free to bring them up if you see them in the meantime, I've been keeping a list but I was gonna post the list all at once, but if you see them, mention them, it's fine
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
I have retagged all images currently in majesty with character:majesty

The interesting point here is that it's not obvious, to me anyway, that then going ahead and aliasing "majesty" to "character:majesty" is the best thing to do, since "majesty" might work just as well as an alias for majestic or something. What do you all think?
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
YayPonies: Download unacceptably derped Derpy!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Redundant, no longer necessary.