Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Is it worth having two different kelpie tags?

Nitro Indigo
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

The kelpies in season 10 arc 1 look nothing like the ones from actual mythology, or that issue of the comics that focuses on the Mane 6's pets. As a result, I'm considering making a "kelpie (s10)" tag. However, it might not see much use because no-one reads the comics. What do you think?
Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

I personally see this as similar to the species:changeling and species:reformed changeling tags. We can have more than one tag for the same species, but first I would like to see significant differences to justify their usefulness. Currently I feel like one species:kelpie tag might be enough, because I don't even remember the pets you mention and because these new Kelpies are gonna pretty much going to dominate the tag.

However, I've only read up to the first issue of the S10 comics, so when more comes out I'm open to re-evaluate the question.
Posted
Nitro Indigo
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

@Wcctnoam
I should clarify, the first issue with a kelpie is about the Mane 6's pets.

Derpi and associated sites already distinguish between canon and fanon hippogriffs, but in practise, they're used interchangeably.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@Nitro Indigo

I see. Then in that case species:kelpie (without s10) would be the tag for official versions from the comics (and possibly future content), while species:classical kelpie would be for fan or unrelated versions, like the unicorns and the hippogriffs. This is what would make the most sense to me, but I'll wait on a bit more input.
Wcctnoam
Artist -

That seems fair, and I think the separation will eventually be needed. I have created the species:classical kelpie and species:farasian kelpie tags.
The already existing kelpie tag is currently un-aliased, but I'm considering aliasing it to the classical tag.

EDIT: I've also made species:farasian abada
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!