Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Tag requests

Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

The backlog has been handled now

@Roseluck
Just realized there was equestria girls style now. Guess there should be some friendship is magic style to go with it? It's the only one missing from the g4 implications for style emulation

This would be good, but of course the big issue is how much stuff would need to have the tag added. It's the same complication we have with the g4 tag being needed in over a million pictures because up until now it was the default (no g tag meant g4), and adding it to all of them is a herculean task. Even with the mass tagger tool.
Posted
Roseluck
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

That reminded me.

verredashship:verredash

@Wcctnoam
Yeah, figured that issue was there.

No experience with websites or databases but this feels like a 'the sooner started, the better' thing. Waiting just means more backlog. Even with how few uploads there are here. Even if the g4 backlog just ends up swept under the rug once g5 picks up steam or has someone grinding mass-tagging like they're ESO crafting dailies when they have spare time.

Also assuming people feel those are worth tagging. There are so few equestria girls style pictures on Derpibooru, I'm not even sure if I should actually tag it on my fanarts.

And backlog or not, curious if those need descriptions. Maybe just something pointing out that drawings can also be show accurate? Again, there was so little overlap between show accurate and traditional art or pencil drawing on Derpibooru that I wasn't sure my WIP counted. Even though it's emulating Equestria Girls' style.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

@Roseluck

Personally I've been using g4 and generation leap in conjunction when it's something like Izzy drawn in G4 style. And since we have species:eqg human, that tag is pretty much eqg style emulation all on its own.
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
Something should be done with writing desk. See, the character mostly known as Raven shows up in two forms in the show and merchandise, as an earth pony and as a unicorn, and serving both Princess Celestia and Mayor Mare. Some people thought that this meant that there were actually two (nearly) identical ponies and suggested that there be separate names for the unicorn and the earth pony: Raven (Inkwell) and Writing Desk. This sort of fell apart and died, though, because Hasbro itself can't make up its mind about whether Raven is a unicorn or an earth pony.

The upshot of this is that there are a few dozen images tagged "writing desk" that depict a character identical to the one tagged "character:raven" (also one image depicting an actual writing desk), and some that are tagged with both Raven and Writing Desk. This seems like it should be fixed somehow. I reckon there's three possibilities. First, just go through and tag all of the Writing Desk images with "character:raven," then remove the Writing Desk tag from them (leaving just the one image). Second, go through and add a "character:writing desk" tag to all of the images of Raven that "should" have it, then remove the old Writing Desk tag. Third, alias Writing Desk to character:writing desk or character:raven.

Personally, I favor the first option, since in practice the Writing Desk character/tag has basically failed (as I said, Hasbro itself doesn't seem to be able to make up its mind whether Raven is a unicorn or an earth pony, to say nothing of humanized or anthro versions where it's unclear which possibility is intended) and people looking for Raven images probably want to see "Writing Desk" images too. But I figured this is a big enough change that I shouldn't just do it unilaterally.
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
poggers and pogchamp are actually two different emotes, just as a heads up. pogchamp is the guy and poggers is the pepe frog. they are pretty much used the same tho

edit — wow . this was super late oops LOL
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!