Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Import art from other Boorus

Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
@SigmasonicX
Sure, just imported those images. They got their original IDs, thus they don't show up at the top of the main page of manebooru.

By the way, we currently are close to 500.000 images in Manebooru \o/
Posted
Gangrene
Artist -

Weird Sh!t
Ooh, can I get my art on here?
"artist:gangrene" on both sites. There might be a duplicate or five, some of my art already got here through the idw tag and artist:greyscaleart
Posted
Twilight
Founding Member -

Site Administrator
Site Developer
@Twilight#0511
I am quite busy the last few weeks, but will try to make time to import the requested art soon-ish.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

@Gangrene

We apologise, it seems this request fell through the cracks. Twilight said he will be available to do it on Thursday, we'll get back to you on that.
Posted
Gangrene
Artist -

Weird Sh!t
Oh, it looks like this isn't necessary! Sorry for bothering y'all staff, I thought only the bot would keep the IDs in place. (I'd still like that though.) If I upload this all myself I can curate it too!
Posted
Ember_Heartshine
Contributing Artist - Contributed artwork to the site.
Artist - A verified artist.

Site Moderator
the worst manechat mod
@furred_ponycoot
The importer is primarily intended for either art you made or art of your OC. Topical tags are something you can choose to upload on your own, but isn't the purpose of the tool.
Posted
eqlipse
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

A question about this.

Once your name/ID is added, does your art automatically get imported from, for example, Derpibooru automatically on a regular basis? Or is it a one-time thing, intended for large-scale importation?

I ask because I'm one of those people who upload to a lot of different sites (FA, e621, Pillowfort… about 14, not including various discord servers) through the magic of PostyBirb. One of the main deterrents for me uploading my work here regularly is simply that there's no convenient way to do so when I bulk-upload to the many different sites where I have an account. As far as I know, there isn't any way to add other sites to PostyBirb manually for upload.
Posted
Ember_Heartshine
Contributing Artist - Contributed artwork to the site.
Artist - A verified artist.

Site Moderator
the worst manechat mod
@eqlipse
At the moment, it's one-time. We've opened issues and emailed the developers of PostyBirb about this, but they don't seem interested in genericizing their Philomena support over locking it to Derpibooru only. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of control over that.

I'll bring it up with our developer to possibly set up recurring imports, but I honestly don't know how the importer works since I'm not a dev.
Posted
Summerium-Kalimium
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.

The European
Hello, would it be posible to import my art from derpibooru?
My tag is "artist:Summerium" and i have some pics here already that were imported automatically some years ago.

Thanks a lot

And also all the pics tagged "oc:kalimu" and "oc:summer lights"
They are my sonas
scrimmy

Would it be possible to import my OC's artwork from Derpibooru?

OC tag: oc:scrimmy + oc:prism star + oc:blueberry splash

I don't foresee any issues with the artists I've gotten art from, since if they're comfortable with their art on Derpibooru (and I've always tried to respect artists who don't want their art on there if I'm aware), I would assume Manebooru would be fine, given it's free from the drama :)
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!