Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Tag requests

Kaifloof
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
@Workable Goblin
Since it didn't have that many images, I went ahead and went for the SunTea tag, so all of the jasminelestia tags have been aliased to it. We don't always have to follow what other boorus do :D
Posted
Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

I just made the character tags for character:thunder and character:zoom for the G5 pegasus guards, after I found out Zoom is canonically her name (Thunder's is said out loud). I hope people keep them in mind in the future.
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
@Workable Goblin
Mmm, I don't actually agree with aliasing this one. There's a difference between monitor and screen.
Prime example is this art, it's tagged with the comp screen tag, but not the monitor one, because there is no monitor

However, I think we should make it so comp monitor implies comp screen, but not alias them since there is a difference
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
@NorthernDawnArt
My thinking was that there are few images in either tag, so consolidating tags would make it easier for someone to find images of computer screens or monitors, that "computer screen" is used as a colloquial term for computer monitor, and that computer screen has more images than monitor. The image you posted actually seems like one that should be tagged with neither monitor nor screen, since it doesn't show either, it's just "computer-y" and we have other tags for that.

A better counterexample would be this image:

It shows (the back of) a computer monitor, but not the screen portion. Still, the colloquial use would probably be to call it a screen…or a computer, but we probably don't need to go that far.
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
artist:annnam_art and artist:annna markarova should be aliased, since they appear to refer to the same person. The former is more often used and their actual Twitter username, so I think it should be preferred.

Also, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could someone look at my requests from the first page of the thread related to Zecora ships and also queen parabola? There seems to have been a mistake where the new Manebooru-style tags I created were aliased to the old Derpibooru-style tags that were imported rather than the other way around, e.g. character:queen parabola being aliased to queen parabola instead of vice versa.
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!