Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Alias and implication requests

Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

Fixed goat.

I think it makes sense to have both horns and horn. In my experience I see them mostly in anthro tags, same way you might see tail or wings, since anthro can vary a lot.
Posted
Workable Goblin
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.

Site Assistant
@Wcctnoam
Reasonable enough.

Anyway, I noticed that filly doesn't imply female or species:pony the way that mare does. It seems like it should, since "filly" is the term for a young female equine…
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

I added the implication of species:pony but I believe filly can be used for both genres of young equines.
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
It seems like lingerie should imply underwear, since "lingerie" is basically a fancy word for certain types of underwear.

Actually, it seems like there should be a whole bunch of tags that imply underwear, consisting of, well, various forms of underwear (bra, panties, boxers, boxer briefs, and briefs, at a minimum).
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

I agree for most of the final list but I'm not sure about the first one. Lingerie is technically underwear yeah, but having them separate allows for a distinction between fancy and casual, I guess?
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
@Wcctnoam
Oh, no, I didn't mean that lingerie should be deleted and replaced with underwear, merely that it should imply underwear. My thinking was that lingerie is a subset of underwear, and that if you are looking for things tagged with "underwear" you are probably also going to be looking for things that are tagged lingerie (the opposite, of course, is not true)

Speaking anecdatally, it seems that about 2/3rds of images tagged lingerie are already tagged underwear, and only about 1/3rd aren't.
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
Also, I found some more shipping tags to update:

shiningvelvet, Shining Armor + Twilight Velvet
velvetshield, for Gleaming Shield + Velvet Dusk (i.e., the R63 version of the above)*
shining light, Shining Armor + Night Light
twinight, Twilight Sparkle + Night Light
velvet sparkle, Twilight Velvet + Twilight Sparkle
velvet cadance, Twilight Velvet + Cadance
nightdance, Night Light + Cadance
twidance, Twilight Sparkle + Cadance (kind of surprised I haven't previously reported this)

I think that's basically all of the possible permutations of the Sparkle family, save shiningsparkle (since it's already properly handled)

* Should this be a separate tag, or just handled by "shiningvelvet, rule 63" or some such?
Posted
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
next generation should imply offspring ? maybe? it can always be removed after from the few images that dont apply

should "parents:(ship)" tags be purple like "parent:(character)" tags?

some more tags that should imply offspring — adopted offspring, interspecies offspring, magical lesbian spawn, magical gay spawn

saw the "next gen:" prefix used a few times, i think it's useful and should probably be pink like comics and series

and if we do use the next gen prefix, pandoraverse and kilalaverse should be "next gen:pandoraverse" and "next gen:kilalaverse" respectively

…this makes me want to go through and try to tag all the (named) nextgens
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
Applemac (Applejack + Big Mac) and Rainbowmac (Rainbow Dash + Big Mac) are missing their "ship:" prefixes. The former should also imply incest and applecest (and maybe some secondary tags, e.g. "brother and sister" or "siblings"?)
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
Rariscotch (Rarity + Butterscotch, that is R63 Fluttershy) does not have a ship prefix. Following the precedent of velvetshield, this should probably be aliased to ship:rarishy.

Somewhat relatedly, should the fan names for R63 versions of ponies, e.g. Butterscotch, Elusive, Dusk Shine, etc. be turned into "character:" tags? On the one hand, you could simply use "So-and-so, rule 63," but on the other some of them are in fairly wide use and have hundreds or thousands of images under the tags. Additionally, they do allow for more precise searches for "mixed" images where some characters are R63 and some aren't.
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
💙Here to help!💙
Artist tag 'artist:desualpha' should be aliased to 'artist:alphadesu' since AlphaDesu is their main tag.

And while I hope we won't see anything from them ever again due to them being outed as a pedo, artist tag 'artist:purpleflix' should be aliased to 'artist:kimjoman' as kimjoman is their main tag on derpi, although they're more known as PurpleFlix, so perhaps it should be the other way around

I'll look for more artist tags that need aliasing when I can
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
species tags i found:

* naga
* dog
* butterfly
* mothpony → pony, original species
* changepony → pony, changeling, hybrid
* demon pony → pony, demon, original species
* umbrum
* nirik → kirin
* alien pony → pony, alien, original species
* hyracotherium
* mule → hybrid, pony, donkey
* dracony → hybrid, dragon, pony
* peryton → original species, deer, pony, deer pony
* deer pony → original species, deer, pony
* cat
* cat pony → original species, cat, pony
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@Workable Goblin

@Workable Goblin

@NorthernDawnArt

Done. I'll get to Lilymoon's species at a later date, right now G5 takes almost all the time I have.

Regarding the R63 names, I know people enjoy coming up with the names and using them so they'll sat separate tags. But I also don't feel like they should be given the character: prefix, though I have no reason why, it just doesn't feel right. I guess I'll think about it.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@Workable Goblin

@Lilymoon

Done

@Lilymoon
Will get them done now.

@Workable Goblin
In progress. Not sure how to handle the rule 63 shipping tag either, or if we have precedent. I feel rarigleam or ship:rarigleam don't need to exist if you have ship:Rarirarmor, rule63 and (character:)gleaming shield. Feels overly redundant. (as I said I'm still in favour of having tags like gealimg shield, maybe even with the prefix.)
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
if staff doesn't mind i could probably go through tags finding a bunch that need implications but i'm gonna ask first bc i don't want to spam tags here or be annoying

i just like tags and making lists lol
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Redundant, no longer necessary.