Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

"x in the comments" tags

Workable Goblin
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.

Site Assistant
@Lilymoon
I've been wondering the same thing, but didn't bring it up because I thought there might be some value to someone of letting them know that there was an X on derpibooru. But that's really pretty temporary, until we start getting Xes here…
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
I had a brief discussion with Wcct on here/Discord, but I've been removing ones that have few images (IE: "star spangled banner in the comments") and leaving certain tags like "translated in the comments" alone, and providing said translation in the comments. I don't really see a use for keeping the other ones, so I've been cleaning up ones that don't apply
Posted
TheGlitchedWolf

2 Ponies - 1 Cup
If anyone else wants to join in on fixing these kind of tags, just copy-paste this into manebooru search:
(*in the comments,comment_count.lte:0)
Since most images on here were uploaded by booru importer they should all have the derpibooru image id in the description, you can use that to bring over translated in the comments.
TheGlitchedWolf

2 Ponies - 1 Cup
@NorthernDawnArt
No problem, though I just realized this would probably be much easier if someone with mod bulk-tag tools did it. I'm not sure exactly how they work but any mod on here should be able to just bulk remove "in the comments" tags (ignoring translated in comments as those can easily be pasted over) which would be much better than manually removing the tags for over 2000 images. If you don't have access to those maybe you could bring this up to a mod who does?

I'll start bringing over translations as those can't be automated, please post an update here once it's been done or if it turns out we can't do that for any reason.
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!