Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Alias and implication requests

Fluttgirshy
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
Anyone opposed to characters implying their generations? I've been doing so with older gen characters, and I think the g5 characters already do, but I think in general it could help with generation undertagging.
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
💙Here to help!💙
@Lilymoon
I think that's a great idea! I'm pretty sure Wcct has already been tagging some g4 characters as g4 so I don't see it as an issue :o

Found a couple more characters that need the character tag

glass slippercharacter:glass slipper (Just for clarification, this is one of the crystal background ponies, the footwear already has a tag )

fleur de verrecharacter:fleur de verre (Another crystal BP)

castle (crystal pony) / bright smilecharacter:castle (crystal pony) / character:bright smile

Edit: Are we able to modify character tags? If so, how do we do it?
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
@NorthernDawnArt
what i've been doing while tracking down characters is:
- making the character:* tag and making it blue (there should be an option that says "category" with a drop down under the edit details button
- if the character doesn't have that many images i just remove the old tag and add the new one, otherwise i've just been adding the new tag and taking note that it needs an alias to post later =P
Posted
Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

Characters implying a generation seems like a good idea, just be careful of the few that are in multiple ones. I don't know them all but a few come to mind, like Minty being in all of them so far, or the different Twilights, or Spike. Even Grogar. They probably shouldn't imply any of them.
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
💙Here to help!💙
@NorthernDawnArt
@Lilymoon
I think that's a great idea! I'm pretty sure Wcct has already been tagging some g4 characters as g4 so I don't see it as an issue :o

Found a couple more characters that need the character tag

glass slippercharacter:glass slipper (Just for clarification, this is one of the crystal background ponies, the footwear already has a tag )

fleur de verrecharacter:fleur de verre (Another crystal BP)

castle (crystal pony) / bright smilecharacter:castle (crystal pony) / character:bright smile

Edit: Are we able to modify character tags? If so, how do we do it?

Okay, I've updated a couple of these, just waiting for them to be aliased!
Fluttgirshy
Artist -

Site Assistant
ANTONYMPH
pinkamena diane piecharacter:pinkamena diane pie ?

both tags already existed and had implications, but since for the most part alternate forms seem to get character tags, i gave the latter coloring and a description.

…normally when finding character tags i just masstag to the new tag and keep note of the needed alias to post in one big post later, but this one's kind of a special case and also has way too many images anyways
Posted
Workable Goblin

Site Assistant
shopping bags should be aliased to shopping bag or vice-versa. I would actually prefer the vice-versa, because it makes more logical sense to tag an image with multiple shopping bags as "shopping bag" than an image with one shopping bag as "shopping bags," but there are far more shopping bags images than shopping bag images.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

The pendings have been handled.

This probably doesn't need to be said, but for the record, I let these accumulate so I can just do a bunch at once, don't feel discouraged or anything.
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
Click to find out how!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Redundant, no longer necessary.