Chat with us on Discord! We have a discord server! It can be found here.

Tag requests

Wcctnoam
Founding Member - Here since the beginning.
Artist -

Please use this thread for requesting or suggesting any changes to tags. Implications, aliases, new prefixed tags, descriptions, whatever comes to mind.
Posted
Workable Goblin
Early Bird - Among the first 500 members to join.

Site Assistant
I removed the "fallout" implication from the power armor tag, since by observation there were a lot of images that featured power armor but were not based on Fallout or Fallout: Equestria. In particular, WH40K seemed like a common alternative source of inspiration.

EDIT: Also, it seems like the power armor and powered exoskeleton tags should be aliased together, since most or the vast majority of powered exoskeleton images actually seem to be showing power armor.
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@NorthernDawnArt

Regarding the first request here, I agree but I think it's better to forget the original pogchamp and who it was made from, so I decided to keep pog as the main form because I think it's slightly more common than poggers. Regardless, the other two are aliased to it.

@NorthernDawnArt

The tag shutterbug (no space) was only populated by pictures of this guy, so I made character:shutterbug and I think he can keep the name. Shutter bug (space) did not exist as a tag, so I aliased it to him too.

@Workable Goblin

It is my understanding that power armor is like a full plate armor, while power exoskeleton is like that thing in Aliens 2, so for now I'm leaving them as it is.

That's all for this week I think. Good work.
Posted
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
@Wcctnoam
Good idea for the POG tag. That guy deserves to be forgotten. Thanks for getting the other tags! I'm gonna be super busy this weekend but I'll work on some tags when I can
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@Workable Goblin

Power loader is its own thing too, the one from Aliens 2 and nothing else, but I maintain power armor and power exoskeleton are not the same thing to me, and I would not used them interchangeably.
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

Keep in mind we already have childproof horn, which I've personally used for all Izzy/tennis ball images, and we also have hornball and horn impalement. I already felt there were too many tags with these three, and I'm not sure we need a tag for each possible item or category of item that can impale a horn.

In the case of something like Izzy and her tennis ball that is very popular, I can understand having a tag for it, but it is specific to a character and an item. For Twilight and her famous pancakes, I think we already have a tag like twicakes or something. But again it's specific to one character, one item, one situation and extremely popular. Having a specific tag for impalements depending on food or other item categories feels a bit over-specific to me, and a bit of a slippery slope. It feels like we would end up with too many tags.

Personally, I can accept two or three specially popular tags, but I feel everything else should just be horn impalement, object.
Kaifloof
Artist -

Site Moderator
๐Ÿ’™Here to help!๐Ÿ’™
@Wcctnoam
Hmm, yeah, that makes sense. We don't wanna have too many tags with the same meaning
Posted
Wcctnoam
Artist -

@Roseluck

I fear there might be a confusion on the nature/use of DNPs and takedowns, though maybe I'm misunderstanding things.

Making the aliases you're requesting is easy, and the tags being aliased will instantly be replace with the new replacement.
Depending on what you intend to do, a DNP/takedown request is not necessary. I.e., you do not need to re-upload the images with a change of tags, you can just edit the tags or request the aliases you need, without submitting a DNP or a Takedown Request.

In other words, please only submit a DNP request if you want to place restrictions on uploads of your art, for example:
— Restrict who can edit your art
— Restrict who can upload you art
— Restrict all uploads of your art
— Restrict all edits of your art
— Restrict the upload of privileged art (restricting Patreon milestones or rewards for example)
— Other restrictions of the upload of your art that I may be forgetting.

Also, please only submit a Takedown Request if:
— You're the owner of the art/picture being reported and you want it to be removed from our site.
— If you just want a change of tags or aliases, a Takedown Request is overkill, please edit the tags or request the changes necessary.

I hope that was helpful. I'll handle the aliases and the miss-link now.
Posted
standby-5ej69
Artist -

Goodbye
@Wcctnoam
I believe they want to be the upload credit to be theirs, and if I remember correctly, admin can transfer upload credit to another user in philomena
Posted
Roseluck
Artist -

@Wcctnoam
My DNPs will be Artist Upload Only and No Edits. Was just waiting for the aliases to be made before submitting them. Thank you.

@HenBasket
You're right. I just want the ability to edit the description whenever I need to update it. With links to new relevant fanarts for example. Seems only the uploader can do that.

If the staff can make me the uploader instead, that's perfect. No need to take them down then.
Posted
Interested in advertising on Manebooru? Click here for information!
YayPonies: Download unacceptably derped Derpy!

Hosting an imageboard costs money - help support us financially!